Monday, February 11, 2002

No Man is an Island

Hebrews 10:24 :: NIV

I've been seeing a lot of selfishness in my own life and in others' lives. Even now, I don't feel like giving my heart to others because I'm not feeling 100% healthy. We can be so easily distracted by the worries of life, etc. We all need to do our part in taking care of ourselves and each other.

In addition, we need to keep praying to God. Write letters in a journal (this online weblog is a great venue). Write poems, love letters to Jesus. We all need to grow deeper in our love for him. For help, I often go back to the Psalms, for example.

In addition, the Bible states in Hebrews 10:25-27 that we need to consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. I believe this is possible. I also believe that God has given all of us gifts to be used to serve him. I am trying to think of my mental illness as a gift from God. I'm not always good at doing that, but I'm trying. The apostle Paul wrote that God uses our weaknesses to demonstrate his power, so, Amen, then, show your power, O Lord!

I look forward to the plans that God has for all of us. Let me encourage you to read Ephesians 1. I read that a lot this weekend, and it encouraged me so much! It was like I was reading all of this for the first time.