Monday, October 02, 2006

Jury Duty from Feb '04 Follow-up - Finally

Remember back in February 2004 when I asked you to remind me to tell you about Jury Duty? I didn't think so.

Well, this morning I was going through some old papers I had in a portfolio I was using for a job search, and I found the following note from the Court of Common Pleas:

February 17, 2004

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

This is to certify that Dan Johnson was summoned as a juror in the court of the Honorable David A. Gowdown, Judge of the Common Pleas of Montgomery, County, Ohio on February 17, 2004

Said juror was excused from this Court on February 17, 2004 at approximately 5:00 p.m. and will receive a check in the amount of TEN AND 00/100 DOLLARS ($10.00) from the Montgomery County Auditor.

Very truly yours,

James R. Russell,
Bailiff for Judge David A. Gowdown
From what I remember, it was a little bit boring. I had brought a newspaper or a couple other things to read. Random jurors were selected to be part of the original 13 jurors, but 26 others were also there. I was not part of this group, so I just sat back and watched, listening here and there.

I was unemployed, so I had the time and was even looking forward to being on a jury. The judge asked some general questions of the potential jurors, and after he was done, the prosecuting attorney and defending attorney asked questions. Some jurors were dismissed, and we all waited for the time to be done so that we could leave.

So it's been 2 years and 7 months, but there you have it.

No comments: