Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Make the Connection

Another one of my coworkers sent out this e-mail last month, which was the first time she'd communicated with everyone about her experience with cervical cancer:

As most of you know I was diagnosed with Cervical Cancer in January of this year. We fortunately caught the cancer early and I only had to have a Radical Hysterectomy and now have to go to the doctor for check ups every 3 months for the next 5 years.

I was one of the unlucky few (10% of all cervical cancer) that is not directly linked to HPV. My cancer would never have been caught by my regular PAP checks. I heard of the website and I wanted to forward to everyone.

This is very personal for me, since my diagnosis I have learned SO much, and feel like it is my responsibility to all of you to inform you of this type of PREVENTABLE CANCER (in most cases, mine was not preventable). Please visit the website and if you have questions or want to talk I am always available.

Thanks And Have A Great Day!!!!

J.

No comments: