Monday, November 21, 2005

Play that Podsafe Music

Mood: fantastic
Listening to:The SG Show #20
Eating: pancakes, strawberry yogurt, and coffee
Watching: great episode of Grey's Anatomy last night


Hi. Just a few thoughts on podcasting:

I was just checking the podcast blog. I've played over 70 different songs since I started podcasting back in late August. Some songs have been played more than once. That's not nearly enough songs, in my opinion. The Podsafe Music Network has a dearth, a veritable cornucopia, of music from independent artists. I read recently that there are over 10,000 songs in the network, with more being added every day.

I've listened to way more than those 70 songs, and it's always challenging to select the few songs to play on a podcast. I'd like to keep the show at around 20 minutes, which, for a 4-minute song, means that I probably only have room for three songs amid the talk in between.

I'm learning so much from listening to other podcasts, and I really enjoyed doing the one where I promoted some of the podcasts I've been listening to (see "JIMM 22 - Podcasts in My Ears").

The Official Mom listened to the most recent podcast (see "JIMM 23 - Play with Fire") and liked how the music was mixed with the different stories. I got that idea from listening to P.W. Fenton's Digital Flotsam. I'd like to do more of those kinds of podcasts, but since it takes a lot of post-production time to put together, I'll have to spend more time planning those out.

Look for the next podcast to arrive in the feed within the next day or so.

No comments: