Saturday, June 11, 2005

Wake Up and Feel the Music!

I must have inherited it from my Dad. I remember when I was in high school that he would set his alarm clock to wake him up with the Boston Pops' rendition of John Phillip Sousa's "Stars and Stripes Forever," much to the chagrin of my stepmother.

Over time I've considered various ways of waking Keisha up in the morning, whether for school or some other reason:

I've waken her up in the past with Baha Men's "Who Let the Dogs Out?". I also remember playing a march-type song called "Weenie Man" for her.

Sometime during the last month of school, she came home and just started singing something. Because she's hard of hearing and has a related speech impairment, sometimes the actual words of songs are not what she sings. I cannot remember what it was that she was singing, but Jennie and I determined that she was singing "Let's Get It Started" by the Black Eyed Peas.

Yesterday I was at the library, and I checked out a copy of "Now This Is Music 17". The first song is "Let's Get It Started." That's what I chose to play for her this morning. Of course the nice thing about the CD player is that you can set it up to repeat the one song over and over again.

It looks like it did the trick. I can hear that Keisha has gotten up.

No comments: