Monday, June 13, 2005

Foul Mood

Mood: foul

I've been in a foul mood for much of the day. I'm feeling down, and I haven't quite pinpointed the reason(s) and wanted to work at getting myself out of it:

Depression is here, at least momentarily. When I'm depressed, I feel easily irritated by petty things. I tend to lash out at those things I feel that I can control. The things I recognize as beyond my control I tend to ignore.

Sometimes, to prevent myself from lashing out, I just go into my cave, emotionally. In the past, I've taken my anger and frustration out on myself with self-destructive behavior.

Self-mutilating behavior. Like picking at scabs or creating new ones from old scars. Somehow the pain felt from doing that brings relief from the emotional pain.

I've prayed and am looking for other ways of dealing with how I feel. I may go to bed early tonight.