Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Wednesday Mind Hump

This is brought to you by Blogdrive Insanity.

Let's warm up! Tomorrow, September 9th, is Hot Dog Day. Using the letters W-I-E-N-E-R-S tell us seven things someone would absolutely HAVE to know if they were considering sharing a room with you.

Will not get up when the alarm clock goes off.
I hit the snooze button and return to bed.
Enjoys sleeping with many pillows.
No covers needed on warm nights.
Ends up heading to bed in the wee hours of the morning.
Room tends to be cluttered, despite his own desire for neatness and order.
Snoring - I don't think so, but I'd like to know if you do.

This week, some "getting to know you" fun with a few crazy twists.

  1. Can you remember where you were in life ten years ago? If you could travel back in time and whisper something to yourself ten years ago, what would it be?

    Ten years ago, I had graduated from college and was eagerly searching for gainful employment. I would tell myself that it would be okay to stay in Cincinnati instead of moving to Dayton. I would especially tell myself how important continual improvement is, especially professionally.
  2. You inherit a large piece of land and decide to build a theme park a la "Disneyland, Sea World, etc.) What would you name your theme park and what would your mascot be?

    I've never been asked this question before. I would name it Dan's Domain. A large inflatable figure of myself would be the mascot. Doesn't that sound conceited?
  3. Okay, let's have it! What's the craziest, most impulsive thing you've ever done. Remember, we have insane youngsters amongst us so if it's risque, clean it up.. *wink*

    In college there were a couple of times I stayed awake all night and went walking. The first time I walked from my apartment near the University of Cincinnati downtown into Kentucky and back. Another time, I spent the night walking around the campus on a long prayer walk. At either time I could have been mugged or worse. I think the latter time I woke up in the football stadium.
  4. We all have them ... bad days. If you were having a bad day what or whom would you turn to for comfort?

    For comfort I usually head to bed. I like chocolate milk. I know I'd need to pray to God.
  5. According to the song White Rabbit, "one pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small". If you were offered these pills today, which pill would you take and why?

    Coincidentally, as I type this, my daughter is watching "Alice in Wonderland" on TV. I'm not sure if I would take any pill; however, if this is along the lines of "The Matrix" (red pill or blue pill), I suppose I would still take the one that leads to more adventure.

2 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Great answers! How long is the walk from Cincy to Kentucky?

Daniel said...

Thanks for your comment!

It's about 4 miles one way down a big hill to Covington, Kentucky.