Monday, September 13, 2004

So, How U Doin'? (Mind if I Rant?)

Our home PC is behaving badly again. Same old stuff, different day I guess.

Keisha and I are at the library. She's doing homework while I'm doing some job search stuff. Between helping her with that and trying to get a plan for my job hunt, I haven't gotten much done so far.

The lady next to me is trying to get her allotment set up with the armed forces; her husband is in active duty serving right now.

Keisha gets frustrated easily with her math. They've been doing addition and subtraction this session. It seems so easy to me, but I've been doing it for much longer than she has. Jennie and I are striving to encourage her not to give up so easily.

Perseverance is such a big thing for all of us. One great thing about having a daughter is that I'm able to understand God's role as a parent by being one myself. I recognize the very weaknesses in my daughter in myself as well.

For example, yesterday we caught the bus to go to church. We need to transfer to another bus downtown. The busses on Sundays only come around about once per hour, so if we miss one we have to wait.

When the bus arrived downtown, Keisha needed to go to the bathroom, so we went. As we emerged, we saw our connecting bus take off. Jennie and I thought we could catch another bus that would put us in the general area so that we could then make the connection or walk to where church was.

The only problem with that, we found, after arriving at this alternate destination, is that the bus we were expecting doesn't come to where we were on Sundays. Frustrated, we decided to walk.

I had some choice words for our Lord. I also told him that my heart was bad, and that I knew I was wrong. I just needed to vent. All the things related to church, the fellowship, our transportation circumstances, just blew up.

Before long we realized that we were really far from where church was. We could chose to return to the Kettering Meijer or move forward to the Kroger. We opted for the Kroger, so that we could at least use the restroom and get a drink of water. Jennie also knew of a bus route that would take us back into downtown.

By the time that we were done at Kroger, church service was done. We went to the 17 bus stop and waited. It never came. Angry, hot, frustrated, bored (Keisha), we decided to walk one more block to Far Hills (Main St) to catch the 5, 14, or 11. At least we had a 1 in 3 chance of getting picked up.

We finally got home after 2 PM -- we'd been on the road since 7 AM. All this to go to a two-hour service that we never made it to.

Now something appears to be wrong with our telephone. You call us, and it rings only once; no one can leave a message therefore. At least we have the caller ID to let us know who called.

I can see how Jennie and I have withdrawn from our friends at church. They might call, but, like others - mostly creditors - we don't care to return the calls.

Work -- ugh! Maybe I should post this at GTJ.

Therapist and psychiatrist appointments this Wednesday. Lots to talk about, I suppose.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Life is such a constant struggle for most. The problems are given to us as tests - and we're stronger for getting through them. It is so frustrating and we're allowed to have our mad days. Hang in there! *hugs*

Daniel said...

Thanks, Karen! :hugs back: