Sunday, September 05, 2004

Sunday Evening Musings on the Past Week

I would like to write so much more about what's been going on in my life, but I've been online for much longer than I need to be, and my daughter is getting hungry - she's been eyeing our dog somewhat ravenously. Well, not exactly.

  • WORKPLACE DRAMA
  • LIBRARY ADVENTURE
  • CHURCH AT THE PARK
  • FINAL, JOB SEARCH THOUGHTS
So... here it is, in a stream-of-consciousness fashion:
WORKPLACE DRAMA
So much drama at work last week. Ever since the high school kids went back to school, we've been understaffed and overworked. Last Monday one of our crew trainers walked out just before we switched from the breakfast menu to the regular menu. Friday morning one of our managers quit. We've had the owner and another store manager at the place last Thursday and Friday. A week ago we lost another manager.

I half-joked to my coworkers, "What if all of us went out and got new jobs over the weekend and called in here Monday morning to say we weren't coming in?" It was a frustrating week indeed. I have a low feeling of dread about going back in tomorrow morning.

LIBRARY ADVENTURE
Yesterday Keisha and I hopped the bus to the library. We needed change to catch the bus back home, so we began walking. We stopped off at the McDs on North Main so that Keisha could use the bathroom, and we walked further to the Speedway at North Main and Shoup Mill to get a candy bar and soda, which we split.

As we were paying for our stuff, I saw our bus drive by.

[KEISHA IS HERE AND SHE WANTS TO TYPE SOMETHING. GO AHEAD, GIRL!]
sjklbyuhjabcdertgy
[GOOD. NOW BACK TO REGULAR POST.]

We wound up walking the 2 miles from the Northtown-Shiloh branch of the library to our home, and Keisha didn't even complain of having sore feet! In fact, I was the one with the sore feet. Jennie had made dinner, and we watched "Barbie in Swan Lake."

CHURCH AT THE PARK
This morning we all caught the bus downtown and transferred to the 11, which took us northward to Eastwood MetroPark, where we had church today. It was a communion/pot luck event. I'm glad that our minister and his wife stopped on their way in and gave us a ride to our picnic site.

FINAL, JOB SEARCH THOUGHTS
Jennie and I need to set goals about our individual job searches. They will include applying to places in Cincinnati, where we'll be moving next spring.

No comments: