Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Make the Days Count

This past weekend, I saw this on a markerboard at a local recreation center:

Don't count down the days; make the days count.
This especially encouraged me because this time of year I tend to get depressed about the summer ending and whatnot.

This leads me to this wonderful story I found at the Jokes and Humor Weblog:
One day, there was a blind man sitting on the steps of a building with a sign by his feet and a sign that read: "I am blind, please help".

A creative publicist was walking by him and stopped to observe he only had a few coins in his hat. He dropped a few more coins in his hat and, without asking for his
permission, took the sign, turned it around, and wrote another announcement. He placed the sign by the blind man's feet and left.

That afternoon the creative publicist returned to the blind man and noticed that his hat was full of bills and coins. The blind man recognized his footsteps and asked if it was he who had re-written his sign. He wanted to know what he wrote on it?

The publicist responded: "Nothing that was not true. I just rewrote your sign differently". He smiled and went on his way.

The blind man never knew but his new sign read:
TODAY IS SPRING AND I CANNOT SEE IT.
Seize the day! Make the days count! Change your strategy when things don't go your way. Have faith that every change will be for the best.

No comments: