Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Power Down... again

Our home is once again candlelit and flashlit. Apparently we didn't send enough money to the power co. to keep the juice on. Yesterday they shut it off. We'll have to wait until Friday (payday) to pay the amount needed to get it turned back on.

Jennie was really upset by it all while I was not as much. I felt resigned to living the next few days without electricity again. We talked about stuff last night, and an argument ensued just before she left for work.

For awhile I was really upset because by nature I want harmony in my marriage. But time, it appeared, had helped heal the damage. When she got home this morning, she seemed to be a lot better, which helped put me at ease.

Fortunately, the weather is not cold like it was in March, when we last had the power shut off. In Dayton we've been blessed with summer-like weather; neighbors have actually turned their air-conditioning on. We probably will, too, at some point. Keisha and I looked at some fans yesterday while getting some more candles. Unfortunately, the only battery-powered fans are those little handheld ones. Maybe we'll get another electric one after we get the power back on.

No comments: