Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Cicada and Home PC Update

Greetings once again from the library. I'm with Keisha tonight, and she's upset with me because I pulled her off her computer to sit next to me. I know she'll get over it, especially since I sent her off to get some books, etc.

As I've walked our dog this past week, I've examined the trees in our area for cicada larvae. They haven't shown up where we live in Harrison Township yet. I heard from a coworker over the weekend that they're in West Carrollton, specifically Cox Arboretum.

It's been so long -- I think since March -- since I last had our home computer turned on. In addition to the motherboard going out on us, the monitor appeared to have gone bad, too. I'm not that surprised, since we've had the PC since December 1999. I got another monitor for it (used), and I'm going to hook it back up and turn the PC on this week to see what happens.

A great friend from church gave me an old Toshiba laptop she had from her job. It has Win95 on it, also Microsoft Office apps. I've had to clean off a lot of other stuff, but I'm glad that we have it to use.

These are some random thoughts I'm having right now. I have more to post, later.

originally entitled "Insert Generic Post Title Here"

No comments: