Tuesday, May 04, 2004

I was late, but I had good reason

Today the President of the United States journeyed into town. Last year he came by plane, but today he was on the bus tour, coming south from Michigan through Ohio. The meeting was at Hara Arena, which is just a couple minutes from where we live.

Jennie and I were leaving to head to an appointment south of town at the time the bus tour was heading from Hara. Traffic was halted to make way for the entourage, which we were able to see. Knowing that traffic toward I-75 southbound was going to be a mess, we decided to head through town.

Overhead we saw military helicopters. All exit and entrance ramps to the Interstate were closed for a time. I was late to my therapist appointment, but I was able to have it nevertheless.

No comments: