Monday, December 16, 2002

Burningbird and the Chamber of Secrets?

Over the weekend Jennie and I saw Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. When I took a look at the post at Burningbird: Practical RDF Book Cover. Maybe it's because the movie is still fresh in my mind, but when I saw the name of the site, I thought of a Phoenix, namely the one named Fawkes, who was in the movie. The picture on the O'Reilly book cover resembles the Phoenix from Harry Potter. In one scene of the movie, the Phoenix dies and burns itself up. Then it regenerates itself from the ashes. It also did a number on the big snake during the climactic scene in the Chamber of Secrets, tearing its eyes out, rendering it blind.

Could this be more than a coincidence?

P.S. I KNEW I'd seen that face before!!! Jason Isaacs, the actor who portrays Lucius Malfoy, Draco's father, played Colonel William Tavington in The Patriot.

No comments: