Thursday, August 16, 2007

Elvis is Everywhere, Man!

It was thirty years ago today that the King of Rock and Roll passed away. I remember in January many years ago, WSAI-AM in Cincinnati played an Elvis marathon (It's now an ESPN station). We had wood floors, and my sister Steph and I would skate across the floor to the music in our socks.

In college I remember listening to WOXY-FM, and they'd often play "Elvis is Everywhere" by Mojo Nixon. This is the chorus, direct from my memory:

Elvis is everywhere
Elvis is everything
Elvis is everybody
Elvis is still the King
Man oh man
What I want you to see
Is that the King
He lives inside
You and me
Why not buy the song off iTunes today to hear for yourself? Just remember to steer clear of the evil, opposite of Elvis... the anti-Elvis. The Anti-Elvis has no Elvis in him.

Mojo Nixon, "Elvis is Everywhere" Mojo Nixon - Bo-Day-Shus!!! - Elvis Is Everywhere
Mojo Nixon, "(619) 239-KING" Mojo Nixon - Root Hog or Die - (619) 239-KING

pictures taken at the Memphis Welcome Center in May 2007

Related tags:

No comments: