Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Auto Repair Afternoon

Mood: content
Weather: Overcast, 41 degrees F
Listening to: Griddlecakes Radio
Reading: BorgBlog
Eating: Arby's Reuben sandwich, curly fries, large order of jalepeno bites, and a Diet Pepsi (brown and bubbly)

Fortunately for me, I've found a wi-fi hotspot at this Arby's in Reading, along Reading Road, just south of Galbraith Road

Our car is currently being serviced. As one of the conditions of our purchase, they are fixing the window mechanism for the front driver's side door. The car has nearly power-everything, and, as we test-drove it last month, we noticed that the window gets stuck and won't budge without patience and coaxing.

Patience and coaxing are not something we have a lot of during the cold winter weather. And during the rain. And whenever we want to park the car someplace where the car should be locked. You understand. So does the dealer.

Today was the best day we had to have them look at the car and work on getting the mechanism (hereafter called "thingy" because mechanism takes too long to write) fixed. I needed some lunch anyway, so while they're looking and and fixing the thingy, I'm sitting in Arby's, enjoying the wi-fi connection.

When I was in college, I co-oped for a civil engineering consulting company whose office was just down the street. This was about 12 to 13 years ago. At that time there was this Asian restaurant called "Happy Garden" that we'd often go to for lunch.

As with a lot of the area, I've noticed it's gone out of business, and, while I can still see the sign, the lettering has been painted over with red paint.

I mention this because I knew I'd need to give the dealership some time to work on the car, and, since I hadn't been a pedestrian in these parts for some time, I strolled up and down the area, about a quarter of a mile in each direction, before settling here at Arby's.

I think I chose Arby's because, if I wanted to buy something else, other than my meal, it wouldn't cost as much as if I'd gone to say, a family style restaurant.

So it's been about 2 hours since I'd dropped the car off. I'll probably call in a little while to see what's going on. For now, I'm thankful that I have the wi-fi connection and can do some work.

No comments: