Thursday, December 23, 2004

Christmas Storm Chronicles, Part 8

After Jennie went to bed, and I planned to head back outside to try to get our car into a parking spot. We told Keisha she could either play in her bedroom or lay down next to Mommy. We offered her that last choice because I’d waken her up early, and I knew she was still a little tired.

Armed with our shovel, Jake and I went to our car. He playfully dove into the snow, and I left him to do his business. I think he was a bit confused, as though thinking, “Hey! Where are all my usual smells? What’s this fun white stuff?”

Walking along an unshovelled area of our sidewalk, the snow was up to my knees. When I got to our car, I looked around and I saw that there were a lot of other cars that were stuck along the main roadway. I shovelled under the car and around the wheels. I also cleared the parking space. After awhile, I was able to get the car in the spot.

Jennie, Keisha, Jake, and I stayed inside for the rest of the day. We had left our shovel outside our apartment door, and, from time to time, some neighbors came by asking to borrow it. We obliged, and, they were considerate enough to bring it back when they were finished.

No comments: