Thursday, December 23, 2004

Christmas Storm Chronicles, Part 3

I just came back inside. The spot where our car was parked last night has close to a 12 inches of snow in it. Our road appears impassable; you can barely see that it was plowed yesterday afternoon. Only the cars that were not moved yesterday show how heavy the snow has been. The airport may report only 13.6 inches, but it appears to be at least 24 around here.

While Jake and I were outside, I saw a neighbor’s SUV stuck at the top of the hill. Another neighbor emerged from his apartment, started his SUV up, commenting that he needed to be at the Columbus airport for a flight at 5 PM this afternoon. He has to dig his way out. I helped sweep some snow off his vehicle for awhile.

Jake started whimpering. The snow is up to his shoulders, and the wind is blowing pretty hard. I decided to bring him inside.

I called Jennie’s work and found out that she had already left. We’ve no cell phone, and it appears that she’s not going to get very far in our apartment complex.

Keisha’s awake right now, watching PBS Kids in our bedroom. Regis and Kelly are on the TV in the living room. I’ve made me a cup of coffee with some cocoa mix in it. I’m going to head back outside to look for Jennie in a bit.

No comments: