Sunday, June 23, 2002

Silliness: "The Computer..."

This afternoon my four year old daughter Keisha and I were making a birthday card on the computer for one of her friends. We had to wait for the computer to boot up, so I used this opportunity to kid around with her. Below is how our conversation went:

D: The computer is waking up.
K: NO!!! The computer's not waking up!
D: Oh! I see! Well, then the computer is taking a bath.
K: NO!!! The computer doesn't take a bath!
D: Well, the computer needs to go potty...
K: NO!!! You silly! The computer doesn't go potty!
D: Well, the computer has to eat breakfast...
K: NO!

By this time, she started getting into it, and more silliness erupted.

Later this evening, at the dinner table, I mentioned this to my wife Jennie and our friend Tasha, and we continued the silliness:


J: I know! The computer has to wash the dishes!
K: NO!!!
T: The computer is my fiance.
D: The computer needs a spanking.
K: NO!!! The computer goes to McDonald's!
T: The computer and Keisha go to the McDonald's and play in the play area together.
J: The computer needs to go for a walk.
D: The computer needs his diaper changed.

And so on...

Can you add to the silliness? Fill in the blank: The computer...

No comments: