Tuesday, May 07, 2002

Traffic Bothers

I tend to get upset by people in other cars who don't use turn signals. What often bugs me is when I'm waiting to make a turn, and an oncoming car looks as if it might turn, or maybe it won't. I can't tell until the very last moment. I know I'm impatient, but I could use that extra time to get where I want to go. Another thing that bugs me is when I'm behind someone and they slow down to turn - and don't use their turn signal! Or yet, those folks that are about to turn left and slow down without going into the middle, or "suicide" lane. Here these goofballs are, impeding the flow of traffic by their selfish driving.

If someone's turn signals are out, that's no excuse! That's what hand signals are for! Geez! We need to learn this to take the cotton-pickin' driver's test, so why can't these people put their hand out and make a constructive gesture for once?

Now, I've been guilty of these motoring "sins", so it's not good to cast the first stone if I'm not at fault. Yet I still think it's time... yes, it's time for all of us to change!

Just be sure to signal.

No comments: