Wednesday, May 16, 2007

For the Drive #1 - Music Mix

We're getting ready to head to Fort Worth, Texas the week before Memorial Day for vacation. We really look forward to seeing family we haven't seen since 1999, and new family members we've never met.

We weighed all the options and decided that driving would be the best option. But it's about a 15-hour drive, so I knew we'd want some music to keep us company. I recently released JIMM 85 - Super THRILL Mix, which contains a 54-minute mix of independent music for the drive. I also have been creating a pretty good music library on iTunes, and I thought I'd share the recent mix I put together on a CD. All links in the table below go to the iTunes Music Store. Why not pick up some of these tunes yourself?

OrderSongArtistAlbum
1Bring Me to LifeEvanescenceFallen
2Let's Get It Started (iTunes Originals Version)Black Eyed PeasiTunes Originals - Black eyed Peas
3Ready to GoRepublicaRepublica
4What I've Been Looking ForRyan & SharpayHigh School Musical (Soundtrack)
5Austin Powers (soul Bossa Nova)The National Youth Jazz OrchestraJazz in Film
6P.D.A. (We Just Don't Care)John LegendOnce Again
7Baby Now That I Have Found YouThe Foundations20 of Your Favourite Number 1s
8I Wanna Talk About MeToby KeithPull My Chain
9Pump Up the JamTechnotronicPump Up the Jam - The Album
10Black BettyRam JamDrivin' South - Southern Rockin' Smash Hits
11Crazy in LoveBeyonceDangerously in Love
12Desert RoseStingBrand New Day
13Let's Go to BedIvyGuestroom
14Free RideDan HartmanKeep the Fire Burnin'
15Theme from "Shaft"Isaac HayesShaft
16Prime Audio SoupMeat Beat ManifestoActual Sounds+Voices
17Where the Streets Have No Name (Live From Boston)U2The Complete U2 - Walk On


Related tags:

2 comments:

salguod said...

Dude, that's a mix. Evanescence, HS Musical, Toby Kieth, Beyonce & Sting on one CD. Wow.

You know, I'm going tho have HS musical stuff in my head for the rest of the night.

Daniel said...

Hi Doug! Thanks for the comment!

We've listened to the entire mix over 5 times during the vacation, and I think I'm ready for a break.

I think this music will be cemented into our memories as the soundtrack for this vacation.