Thursday, March 23, 2006

Hot Wings

Mood: hot, teary
Listening to: audio from a Deaf/Hard of Hearing conference we attended last weekend
Eating: Hot wings from Buffalo Wild Wings


Jennie brought home some Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch. OMG! The flavors she brought home were

  • mango habanera
  • asian zing
  • spicy garlic
  • blazin'


When Jennie called to ask how hot I wanted the wings, I told her I was willing to go as hot as we could go, even to burning another hole. What I meant by that was that, if it's hot going in, chances are it's going to be hot coming back out.

I'm reminded of when we lived in Dayton. We lived really close to this restaurant called B.C. Rooster's. One of the flavors they had was called "donkey". It was really spicy - in fact, it was about the hottest we could handle.

It wasn't until we sat down to eat the blazin' ones that I understood what was potentially meant by the term "donkey" (think of synonyms).

So, we opted for a bit of - dare I say - "fun" self-punishment.

Update: It's been several hours, and I've been "punished" again, if you know what I mean.

No comments: