Saturday, March 04, 2006

Back really sore today

Mood: sore
Listening to: nothing really
Reading: Getting ready to read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Eating: maybe going to Applebee's for a date with my wife
Watching: nothing
Weather: Now-Partly Sunny, 42 F, Low tonight 24 F


We went to the library and the park earlier. It's such a sunny day that we wanted to get out of our home. I'm not able to do a whole lot because my back is so sore:

It appears that the problem may be higher up now in my back. I almost long for someone to come and "pop" it back into shape. Ever have someone stand behind you reach around and pop your back? I remember also doing it while laying on the floor.

I'm having a "lumbar injection" next Wednesday, so I have to stop taking the pain medicine after tonight until I've had the procedure. Something about blood thinners, etc.

Also, the driver's seat in our car is reclining on its own, and we can't get it back. That, of course, is terrible for my back. As a result, I'm not driving this weekend, and when I do drive to work on Monday, I'll have at least one pillow behind me to help support.

I was supposed to call the Physical Therapist yesterday to get a referral for a chiropractor, but I dropped the ball and didn't realize until after he'd left for vacation that I'd needed to call him. He'll be gone all this week, so I won't have a session until after he returns.

I'm really trying to have a good attitude about all of this, but it's not easy.

God, help me to have a sense of humor, and please bring relief to my pain. Amen

No comments: