Tuesday, April 02, 2002

Stargazer Blue - Blog Review

The Peer-to-Peer Review Project

I recently participated in the Peer-to-Peer Review Project, in which webloggers get to review one another’s weblog. Who knows? Perhaps someone will review this one…<

I enjoyed my recent visit to Stargazer Blue, the weblog by “Maggie” (her randomly-generated name). I am unsure when the weblog was begun, since I cannot yet access the archives. I would venture to say that this blog was created recently.

On this very personal site we learn a lot about her, since she has revealed a lot of detail about herself. For example, we get to read things happening in her life when she was 3-1/2, 10, and 16. From this information and other posts, we learn that “Maggie” is 18-19 years old and attending college somewhere in Virginia.

And then, there’s her favorites lists, where she lists items she has brand loyalty, people who are on her bad side (only three), TV shows, music, and so on. She is not afraid to share how she’s really feeling, whether it’s about her roommate or spring break or her family.

“Maggie” appears to enjoy her online presence very much, as evidenced by the link to her Harry Potter fanfic and her passion for listening to remixes of video game music. I have oftern wondered myself what the dance mix of the theme to "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" would sound like.

This blog would be somewhere I would like to return to in awhile, once the layout and navigation is completed. It appears that she plans to add more links and a webcam sometime in the future. I did follow some of the links that were included, however. I especially like the link to the "What Muppet Am I?" quiz (I'm Fozzie, by the way.).

Stargazer Blue provides the subjective, personal touch and refreshing perspective that we enjoy about weblogs. I definitely look forward to coming back.

No comments: