Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Today is not really my birthday... or is it?

I've already received a few wishes of Happy Birthday today. But my birthday isn't really today... or is it?

It's not my intent to deceive my friends, but rather to deceive those that aggregate my information. You see, there are several ways to compromise your privacy online, and one of them is by revealing your birthday. Combine that with a social security number and an address, and, as Chris Penn says, you have the unholy trinity of identity fraud.

So thanks for the birthday wishes. I should point out that my daughter has been in a month-long campaign of wishing me happy birthday. So feel free. I definitely appreciate it.

-----
Check out my other blogs:
Daniel Johnson, Jr.
Get That Job!
Journey Inside My Mind Podcast
QuotesBlog
Twitter.com/danieljohnsonjr

Related tags:

No comments: