Friday, October 12, 2007

Considering a job offer

Good morning, you wonderful people!

I have a decision I need to make about a job change very soon - even today. I was given a consulting-type job offer that I'm seriously considering.

So many things point to it being good; a lot of the opposites to my current position.

I'm working through concerns over whether I can really do this new job, because it's different from what I've been doing. You see, in my current position, I get to be creative, and I've learned THAT is one of my strongest motivators.

I'm not sure that exists with this new job. But I'm considering taking it and then looking for something creative as a hobby outside of work. I mean, I already have creative hobbies outside of work, but continuing with them.

Another thing that strongly motivates me is that I can really do a good job at what I've been tasked to do; i.e., I want to set myself up for success in the work I do.

As I type that last sentence, it almost sounds like I'm limiting myself - maybe I am. In most of my adult life, I've not been one to take many risks, especially since I'm the primary breadwinner of our family.

Yet I can't help think that this could be the Lord prompting me to "get out of the boat."

I appreciate your thoughts and prayers and comments.

crossposted to Get That Job!

No comments: