Saturday, November 08, 2003

Home from Work

I've been home from work for almost an hour now. It's almost 5 AM EST here in Dayton, Ohio USA. Frost is on the windshields and grass. It's a balmy 25 degrees Fahrenheit:

We were not that busy tonight. I found myself, during part of my shift, feeling down and wanting to go home. I simultaneously feel that yesterday (Friday) was one of the worst and one of the best days I've had.

I'm reminded of my need to take my medicine and head to bed. I've been picking at the scabs on my left foot and elsewhere. My left foot, near my ankle, feels very raw.

Anyhow, I also am realizing that business at the hotel is very seasonal, and as we head toward the holidays, it also means we head toward a slow time. I'm wondering if I should get another job, maybe one closer to home.

Also, it looks like we're going to have my Mom's car as our primary mode of transportation. The amount of money needed to reinstate the loan we have on our car is something we cannot afford right now. Working out the logistics for Jennie and I, when we both work on the same day, presents a bit of a challenge. I was thinking about this as I drove home.

I need to get to bed. The longer I stay up, the more scabs I'm finding to pick open.

Good night.

No comments: